Friday, March 21, 2014

In the meantime, check this out...

For my own part, I've had to put the hobby on hold, now that uni is taking up most of my time, but check out ThirdEyeNuke studio, created by lead artist Christopher Poole (also one of the Tale of Painters contributors). In particular, check out the Tau. I love this style, very dynamic, there's much more freedom in terms of less confined colour blocks, and the consistent fading in and out of colours, as well as the splattering, looks great. Not only does it give the models a gritty realism, but it makes them look less stationery, creating a blur of colour that almost gives the illusion of action. Very cool. Hopefully given the time and money I can get onto some scenery for my own games soon! I can imagine using this style as an inspiration for some great looking Mordheim scenery pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment